Nominees must meet the following criteria:
1. He/She must be a graduate of Wheelersburg High School.
2. He/She must have graduated at least 20 years prior to nomination.
3. He/She must have attended a minimum of three years at Wheelersburg High School and/or the Scioto County Joint Vocational School.
Nominations may be made by any one of the following:
1. A graduate of Wheelersburg High School
3. A Selection Committee Member
An announcement of the availability of a nomination form shall be placed in local newspapers each year.
The forms shall be available at each school building, board office, or they may be downloaded from the district website hall of fame section.
Nominations should be sent to the attention of the Wheelersburg Local School Board President, PO Box 340, Wheelersburg, OH 45694.
April 1st is the deadline for submitting nominations. Nominations received after April 1st will be considered the following year.
THE VOTING MEMBERS SHALL CONSIST OF:
1. One member from each class upon the 10th anniversary of graduation.
2. An officer of each class shall represent the class or appoint a member of the class for the purpose of voting. If a class officer is not available, those attending a class reunion may select a representative.
THE VOTING MEMBERS SHALL:
1. Research and appraise accomplishments and contributions of all nominees.
2. Vote for the nominees they believe are worthy of this honor.
3. Return the election ballot to the President of the Wheelersburg Board of Education by June 1st.
A BOARD APPOINTED SELECTION COMMITTEE SHALL CONSIST OF:
1. A Board appointed chairperson who is a Wheelersburg High School graduate.
2. A five-person standing selection panel composed of Wheelersburg High School graduates.
3. All prior Hall of Fame inductees.
BOARD APPOINTED SELECTION COMMITTEE SHALL:
Reserve the right to elect not more than one Hall of Fame inductee posthumously each year.
The Board President of his/her designee shall:
1. Compile a list of all nominations.
2. Schedule meeting with Chairperson, Superintendent or his/her designee, and Board appointed selection committee to tally ballots.
3. Notify inductee(s) of his/her acceptance.
4. Notify the parties who nominated individuals of their acceptance or rejection.
1. The nominee(s) who receive the top number of votes each year and any additional nominee who receives at least 75 percent of the votes will be inducted into the Wheelersburg Hall of Fame.
2. Any nominee who does not receive 75 percent of the possible votes or does not receive the highest vote count may be nominated again the following year.
3. Inductees will receive a memento commemorating the induction. Their pictures will be displayed in the Hall of Fame at the high school.
4. The Board of Education will sponsor registration expenses for inductees and spouses of their representatives for the Alumni Banquet.